that is the word, that made the difference to the journey, not all the delays by the railways, this one single word....'but'... the idea of getting second thoughts.... the things that our mind plans in place of the existing one, that causes all that happens in our life, we make exceptions for our routine or plans, and that small changes cause the butterfly effect...
so passing through the flood of people I found the ticket counter, which was also flooded by people, packed, queues where so long that I know surely I will get a ticket before the next day sun breaks out in the east, the inquiry section also had a very long queue, so I was not able to ask about current booking status, so now my option was simple, leave in the same train without a ticket, but, no was the call by hosts, yeah she had come along with her friend, so both wanted me to stay there, so that I can spend more time with her and then leave,
bright idea, it did sound good, but, I had some work at office and home, but you know the specialty of this ‘but’, I did make an exception, change in plans, decided to leave the next after booking tickets somewhere….
So after long discussions in the drizzle, my hosts zeroed down to a hotel where I can stay for the night, (next day I found there where hell a lot of options around the places where we were stand and discussing, but my hosts were brilliant and had no ideas about hotels and were discussing about the ones that were few – some kms away. Anyways, anything so late is not useful).
I went to that hotel and stayed there for the night, with plans of seeing sunrise somewhere good in Pune…
BANG…BANG….
SIR…SIR…..OPEN THE DOOR….
TRING….TRING….
BANG…BANG….
SIR…SIR…..OPEN THE DOOR….
TRING….TRING….
It was in my dream, I was seeing the dream, after a short while I found that it was in real, saw the time, it was 4:30 am, and I was hearing that someone is knocking at my doors, with confusion who will be knocking at this time, I kept my leg on the floor, a chill liquid covered my feet, shit, it was water all over the room, bathroom tap had broken and water was flowing allover my room and out of my room, I opened the door, the manager was standing with the housekeeping person, they did something and water stopped, I told them to clean it in the morning after I wake up and went back to sleep, suddenly, I checked my things, as expected my wallet was on the floor, hell with all, I removed everything out of my wallet dried them in a safe place and went back to sleep expecting a call anytime soon to go out to see the sunrise….
I see the time at , , , , , , , ,
In between I had sent 5 messages and tried calling my hosts 10 times…
I woke up and got ready and set out for breakfast and Pune sight seeing, the temperature was killing and finally by 10:30 I got a call from my host, telling that her bro has come and she will get back in 5 mins with plan of action, good, I got my return tickets booked in bus, I had my breakfast and tried calling, the mobile was switched off… wonderful… no other idea I had about Pune or the sun was not allowing me to think either, went back to room, switched on the tv, after a long time was switching between channels to kill my time in between trying to call my host whose mobile was switched off…
Later I came to know that she will not be able to come out today to so and so reasons, might be in the evening, but that also is might be, which means not possible, of course.
So my day out in Pune was with the tv star movies, HBO, No tamil channels, news paper, my book….
By 5 I left the hotel and went on foot, first found where my bus was going to come, found it by 6, on the way I saw what Pune was made of, the city is hell like others cities with more north Indian flavors added, I was just roaming and was in the boat club road and found a chair to rest on the foot path, where I met an old man, this man made my trip, all this had happened just to meet this person, who was a business man, now retired and walking with a support of stick and does not even remember his flat name, where he lives all alone, even though his sons live in the same city, but, in different corners, he was thirsty to talk, many old people crossed by the footpath telling hi to him, just hi, that was bothering him, he was telling people don’t have time to sit and talk, it struck me like thunderbolt, how many times would have I sat and spoke with my grand parents, in the recent days, it is really less, I rarely go home, and in that times, either my friends or other relatives would be there, so spending time with grand parents, who, in my childhood had carried me on their shoulders to show the things I was not able to see, was less or none. I had many times thought about it, but in action it was less, guiltiness filled me, I sat there with him for 45 mins and spoke with him, of course, with my broken hindhi…
Then had my dinner and left in the bus and reached Hyderabad ….
That part needs no elaborations, but people I met in the journey had really impacted me… the journey itself was the lesson, but the moment I kept foot on the Hyderabad soils, I felt as if am free to do anything, then I was rushing to office to write this…..but, took so long to complete it….:-);-)
No comments:
Post a Comment